Perhaps a little bit of background is in order..
Nutshell - had relationship, very serious, coming up to wedding, before I realised that I didn't have to conform to social standards. And also, he was a dick, spawned of pure evil. No, seriously. Proper sociopath.
So I got up one morning, packed my bags and never went back. Never. Closing the door for the final time on our house felt like the scene in Shawshank Redemption where he crawls through miles of shit in a sewer and makes it out the other end - the feeling of relief was THAT immense.
However, the crap I put up with for about 18mths after wasn't. But, every time I felt down, I reminded myself that it was me, and nobody else, who crawled through that sewer to freedom, and that I could therefore do anything.
This "fuck yeah!!" attitude is what has gotten me into drama aplenty for the last 2 years though
No comments:
Post a Comment